Pages


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mockingjay

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis
Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.
My Thoughts
This book is actually great! The only part i don't like is about Prim. When i realized what happened, i cried. Towards the end the book got sadder and sadder with all the deaths that kept occurring. But i don't know why people don't like this book so much. I guess they don't like the book on the ending. Yes the ending with Prim and everything was sad but i'm happy that Katnis ended up with Peeta in the end. I didn't know i was team Peeta until this book. But overall i loved it. I guess Katnis doesn't speak with Gale anymore based on the end. IDK. But i wish this wasn't the end of a great trilogy.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree!! I cried as well with each death, actually. I thought the very end was pretty good, where a lot of others hated it. I enjoyed the way she covered what happened with them and didn't leave us wondering exactly how things went for them. I am sad that Katniss didn't seem to talk much to her mother, and at all to Gale. I understand with what happened that things would be strange between her and Gale, but to not speak is upsetting, at least we know he was eventually happy as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hated that so many of the good guys dropped dead one after another in this last book. I think I took Finnick the hardest. I was cursing a lot while I read this, my version of the crying. ;)
    What had me in pieces was what happened to Peeta. I admit I was Team Gale until Peeta tried choking Katniss. That turned me 180°, I just couldn't accept this is how they should end. And this new dark and snarky Peeta... he was kinda cool. I liked how everything fell in place with a lot of hard work. =)

    ReplyDelete