Pages


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

His Secret Past by Katie Reus

Title: His Secret Past
Author: Katie Reus
Release Date: January 2nd 2012
Edition: eBook

Synopsis:
Six years ago, Alexis Baptiste’s world was turned upside down when Hunter Cassidy disappeared without a trace, leaving her alone and pregnant. She’s finally moving on with her life when he resurfaces, just in time to rescue her from a would-be assassin. Forced to join him on the run to protect herself and her young son, Alexis is now in even more danger: danger of falling for Hunter all over again.

Betrayed by rogue CIA agents after infiltrating an infamous drug cartel, former DEA agent Hunter Cassidy has spent years trying to clear his name. He’s not proud of the things he’s done, and knows he doesn’t deserve a future with Alexis, or the son he never knew he had, but he’s determined to protect them from the men who ruined his life. Convincing Alexis to trust him—and denying his feelings for her—is going to be the hardest mission he’s ever faced.

My Thoughts:

It had been six years since Hunter Cassidy disappeared from Alexis Baptiste's life, leaving her alone and pregnant without a clue to where he went. But just as she began to move on with her life, he shows up and rescues her from an assassin and she is forced to go on the run with him to protect her and her son's life. Hunter is determined to protect Cassidy and their son from the rogue CIA agents who ruined his life. But denying his feelings for Cassidy is going to be one of the hardest challenges he goes up against.

This eBook was provided to me by NetGalley.com and I am so glad I got the chance to read it. I enjoyed this book so much. The characters, the romance, and especially all the action packed moments in this book. It was a page turner. I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I couldn't put this book down.

I loved the storyline. I feel it was written out amazingly well. The characters were all enjoyable. Let's start with Cassidy. I understand her confusion and her issues with Hunter, considering the fact he left her all those years ago. They try and deny their feeling for each other all throughout this book, but I actually liked that fact because it was so realistic. No one is just going to let someone, after so many years, waltz back into their lives and it's turns into a happy reunion right off the bat. Hunter was a great character. You have to admire his determination to keep Cassidy and their son safe. I love that he, not necessarily hardcore, but he's tough. He had a tough life and I could understand why responded to certain situations the way he did. And their son Johnathon. He was the light throughout the book. He was so cute and sweet, I loved every moment of the book he was in.

Okay... The thing I am a little confused on was Michael. Once Cassidy did what she did, he just disappeared from the story. I though he was suppose to help out. But after that last phone call, maybe that was it. I don't know, still kind of confused on that.

The end, when things start falling into place.....Loved it! It was written out perfectly.

Overall, this book was definitely a page turner, filled with action, and filled with romance. Three of my favorite things I look for in a book. I recommend this to people over the age of 18 that like these three things about a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment