Pages


Thursday, January 12, 2012

Legend by Marie Lu

Title: Legend (Legend, #1)
Author: Marie Lu
Released Date: November 29th 2011 by Putnam Juvenile 
Edition: Paperback arc (won in contest)

Synopsis: 
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias' death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

My Thoughts:
Born into one of the Republic's wealthiest district, June is being trained to be in the Republic's highest ranking military circle. Born in the Slums, Day is one of the most wanted criminals the Republic is looking for. From two different worlds, June and Day were to never have crossed paths, but June's brother is killed, the logical suspect they have is Day. While Day is on a mission to save his family from the plague, June is seeking revenge. But what they don't expect is to find out the truth of why they were brought together and why the government is trying so hard to keep its secrets.

I enjoyed this book so, so much! I won this arc book in a contest by @AuthorsRock on twitter and am so glad I did! When I first started reading it, I was kind of skeptical thinking was this my kind of book. But as I continued reading it, I got more into the story and fell in love with the characters right from the beginning. I finished this book in less than a day and stayed up all night to finish it!

I loved the storyline/plot. I loved the way it was written. At first I was kind of confused because the chapters aren't numbered, They just have the person's name of who's point of view your reading from and the fonts were different. But the confusion was easily dismissed after the first few chapters.

Day is probably my favorite character. He caring but he also has to be hard when he is looking so save his family. The republic looks at him as a criminal but don't understand the reasons why he does what he does. I fell for Day within the first couple of chapters. You got to see deeper into his pass as the book progressed and find yourself sympathizing with him.

June, she kind of made me mad at first. As I'm reading the story, I'm yelling at the book to her, "You don't know what he's going through emotionally, don't think that way!" But you know you are enjoying a book if your talking to it! But I liked her as the book progress. What she was dealing with, with her brother Metias's murder and all and with all the things she started uncovering.

This book had me in so much suspense. Me wanting to know what would happen next and who would do what or can they trust this person. Don't like Thomas. He was weird to me from the very beginning and I definitely didn't like the commander. But what I did love was the little glimpses of chemistry Day and June had. So cute!

Overall this book was amazing! Five stars! It was action-packed and kept you anxious. So good! I recommend for anyone who just likes YA books in general and also those who like dystopians!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this one. I love dystopians but I was also not completely sure if this was for me. Everyone seems to love it so I hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete