Pages


Monday, April 2, 2012

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

Title: Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
Author: J.R. Ward
Release Date: March 27th 2012 by NAL
Edition: Hardcover, 572 pages

Synopsis:
In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. The city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Now back in the Brotherhood - and unrecognisable as the vampire leader he once was - Tohrment is physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair. When he begins to see his beloved in his dreams - trapped in a cold, isolating netherworld - Tohr turns to a self-serving fallen angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. When he's told he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed . . .

Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King's throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past, and a very hot, passion-filled future . . . but can his heart let go and set all of them free?

My Thoughts:
OMG! This is the tenth installment in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Tohrment's story. I absolutely, positively freaking love it :D I did not know how Ward was going to capture Tohr. I will try my best not to give away any spoilers! This review may be a bit long also! I just can't control my thoughts.

Let's start off with Tohr's story... Tohr went through the death of his Shellan (mate) and was devastated. He was basically the living dead. There and breathing, but not connected to world. When Tohr first lost his Shellan, back at in the beginning of the series, I cried for him. I experience his pain as if I was going through it myself.

In the beginning of this book. Tohr is still in love with Wellsie (mate) and can't get over her or her death. Living in false hope that she may magically appear in front of him. You feel for him because of all the torment and torture he put himself through. And then there's No'One. Who also is tortured by her past. She was kidnapped by a Sympath when she was younger. Raped and beaten. And to top it off she got pregnant and couldn't live with what was happening. After she gave birth she killed herself. Tohr saw and experience her death. Then somehow she came back.

Tohr and No'One in the beginning was hard to see. Both so stuck in the past, and not knowing how to deal with the present. I love what they both went through to reach the point they got to in the end. It was a emotional journey for me! So much, even from the first page of the book. But I did not cry! I love Tohr and have always. It was kind of weird though in the beginning considering that's Xhex mother, but I quickly got over that.

But as time went on, he made some changes. Slowly, but surely. He evolved so much as a character in this book! *And I must admit...I'm proud* It took him some time, but you know as your reading this book that if he was to just jump into a romance so quickly, it wouldn't feel right at all! I love the romance, btw!

No'One was a great character to get to know more about. And in this book, it's not just about her and Tohr but you see some of things that transpires  between her and Xhex. Which I liked.

Other notes: Xhex and John go through some things in this book, but I will not say what. Sometimes I felt that it was a bit immature. ALSO, we have a new enemy on the block! What? Waaaaayyy better than the Lessers!

And the ending with Blay and Qhuinn! OMFG! And Lassiter, you got to love him :)

Overall, amazing! One of my faves in the series :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment