Pages


Monday, May 7, 2012

From Me To You (2) - Stand Alones vs. Series



 About - From Me To You
From me to you is something that I decided to do on my blog. Where I talk about a certain topic that people may have asked me or that is a topic going around on blogs! I hope everyone enjoys this :) It's something I just decided to do. Keep in mind these thoughts are just my opinions and experiences with book blogging from me to you :) I'm going to try to do these weekly or maybe every two weeks. I don't know how that will go.
  
This Week's Topic
Stand Alone vs Series
 Now me personally I enjoy them both :) There are some great things and some bad things when it come to each topic. I am going to give your guys my opinion on each one, what I like about them and what I don't.

Stand Alone books - Stand alone books I don't find myself reading to often. I have gotten into the habit of reading series that when I a come across them, I tend to by pass them. I don't know why because I do love a good solid stand alone book.
What I like about them is that it's one single story and you don't have to wait for the continuance of it. You get it all in a single book. They usually don't leave you with any unanswered questions. The characters development and/or romances are usually pretty amazing. You don't have to wait to see if the love interest actually develop a romance or break it off and then have to wait until the next to see if they get back together...Some dislikes is that the book could be so amazing that you wish there was MORE! You wish there was a part to the story because you feel in love with the characters and want to see where life takes them next. But then, I've experienced with a few stand alone books where I had unanswered questions and never got them answered because that was it. No part 2 to the story.

Series - I read series way more than I do with stand alone books. It's been that way for the last 3-4 years. That anticipation for the next book keeps you going. It makes me want to find out what happens next and how are things going to turn out for the characters. You get a lot of character development in series. It only makes sense that if the series is the continuing, then the character development should too. There is always tons of action in series! And I love action :) With each books the characters go on new adventures which makes it even more awesome.
But some dislikes with series, first off, is the wait between each freaking book! Basically 1 whole year until you get to continue the story and sometimes you forget what happened in the last book. Also with series, they can sometimes drag out. And sometimes some of the books in the series might now be as good as the others, so that can be really disappointing.

But anyways :) These are just some of my thoughts and opinions. Hope you enjoyed and feel free to tell me your thoughts on each!

1 comment:

  1. I am a series addict to..in part because i usually become emotionally invested in the characters and don't want to break up with them...lol. I also love trilogies for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete