Pages


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian
(Lux, #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released |May 8th 2012 by Entangled Teen|
Edition |Ebook|
Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.

This book was such a refreshing read :) Omg, Daemon! *Swoon* I devoured this book in a matter of a day and a half :) That's how amazing it was! It was a quick and fantastic read. This a book that kept you on your toes, that made you laugh, and that had romance and built of frustrations that could last for months :)

The characters in this book was A-freaking-MAZING :) Daemon, of course, was my absolute favorite! I loved his whole bad boy demeanor. He was so cute. Hand fanning hot, let me make the correction :) I loved his attitude. That undeniable chemistry between him and Katy was so intense. Katy was a great character too and that fact that she was a book blogger was awesome! Oh snap, that caught my attention from the very beginning :) I was like whoa, the first time I have seen this in a book! I loved it. Her attitude towards Daemon was adorable. Those too together was like world war III. With their constant arguing and their sexual frustations. Hilarious :)

Also the whole Alien thing, different. I didn't know how I would like that, but once I got into the book I realized how awesome it was. It was a different take on aliens :) I liked reading about the Lux. I like the whole thing about them being made of light and they do so many awesome things!

I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel. I highly recommend this book! It was definitely a page turner :) It was funny, exciting, and had some awesome romance :) Not to mention action packed!

 

4 comments:

  1. I have seen this series absolutely everywhere, and I've actually been avoiding the reviews because it seems like everywhere I look I find Daemon's face, lol. I'm going to cave though, it looks so good...and I really want to read something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.My.God. I give in. I will definitely break my buying ban to get this series. It's so good. Great review!

    ~Shane
    new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good! I can't to read about Daemon. I must read this soon. Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete