Pages


Monday, July 23, 2012

Florence by Ciye Cho

Florence
by Ciye Cho
Released |July 1st 2012|
Edition |E-Book, 336 pages|
Source |For Review - From Author|
Seventeen-year-old Florence Waverley is out of her depth. Literally. Kidnapped and taken below the waves to the mer world of Niemela, she is the ultimate gift for merman Prince Kiren: a human familiar tied to his side. But nothing is what it seems amid the beauty and danger of a dark ocean.
Every Niemelan has a role to play, from the mermaids who weave towers out of kelp to the warriors who fight sea monsters. But in trying to survive, Florence will end up in the middle of a war between the mer and the Darkness. A conflict that will push her between two brothers: Kiren, the charmer inexplicably drawn to both her and the monsters; and Rolan, the loner who has been pushing her away since the day they met. But in order to take a stand--and find out where she belongs--Florence will have to risk it all: her life, her heart... and her very soul.


I would like to thank Ciye Cho for a review copy of this book :) All thoughts are my honest opinion :) And I must say that I am really starting to get into the mermaid/mermen genre. It's very interesting and different than your typical vampire, werewolf, witchy stories.

In the beginning of this story it started off kind of slow to me. Not to slow, but slow enough to were it took me a couple of chapters to really get into the book. I really liked how each mermaid/mermen were made up of different colors (that was different than any of the mer books that I have read. 

The characters in this book were great. It took me awhile to really like Florence. She was a little boring at first, but when she found her place in the Niemalen world she really came out of her shell and came to life. Rolan, I loved him from the beginning. That mysteriousness about a character always attracts me to them :) And Kiren was always a mystery to me. Even though he portrayed himself to be this kind, happy go lucky kind of guy, something was just off to me about him. And Lolee, I believe was just an amazing character :) She was sweet and innocent and she really brought kindness to the story! She was probably my favorite character of the story.

I really liked this story because it was very unique to me. I never read anything like it. The story line caught my attention and hold on to once it had it! It had action, suspense, and romance which makes a book amazing :) 

I would definitely recommend this book to those who love the Mermaid/Mermen genre. This is story for you :D

No comments:

Post a Comment