Pages


Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Matched by Ally Condie

Matched
(Matched, #1)
by Ally Condie
Released |November 30th 2012 by Dutton Juvenile|
Edition |Hardback, 366 pages|
Source |Library|
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.
The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.
I didn't really know if I would like this book, but sometimes you just never know until you find out! :)

I really thought the story line to this book was unique. The whole Matching ceremony was interesting but sad in a way. To have someone, basically, plan your whole life, detail to detail, much truly suck!

I found that I liked Cassia. She was rebellious and that's something I almost always like in a female lead. Even though she sometimes wanted things to be normal, it just didn't sit right with her. 

I thought this story was awesome! It did start of kind of slow, not anything too exciting happening. But as the story progress I really started to get into it. I have to say that I am Team Ky! I thought he was amazing character and love interest. I always fall for those mysterious types...*sigh* Nothing has changed. But I did like Xander too, but just not for Cassia. He just seems to be the best friend that is. 

Just some side notes: Cassia's grandfather equals awesomeness. The Officials suck major. And Bram is adorable :) 

Overall, I thought the story was amazing. Different. I do recommend this to all you dystopian lovers :) I can't wait to find out what happens in the next installment to see what happens with Ky, Cassia, and Xander.

1 comment:

  1. Yes on all counts: Cassia, Ky, Xander, grandpy, Bram, the pace, the officials. I only gave it three stars for the slow pace, and because there wasn't that much that made you tingle just yet, but I still enjoyed it. I pretty sure that Crossed will be a lot more interesting, not so... "tame", because in my head CAssia is going to life in the wild, kinda like Robinson Crusoe - only that she has somewhere to go instead of wait to be rescued. I am so excited for this!

    ReplyDelete