Pages


Sunday, November 25, 2012

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Deity 
(Covenant, #3)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released |November 6th 2012 by Spencer Hill Press|
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

Excuse me for a second, but it's about damn time! Omg, finally, FINALLY! :) And to all you Team Seth people, *shakes head*. Yes, I just went there. I am so Team Aiden :) This book was just epic. Fan-freaking-tastic! Jennifer L. Armentrout you have done it again. This book was filled with so much awesomesauce I can barely contain myself :D This is a must read! You need to get you hands on this book like ASAP, or else...


So many different elements went on throughout the entire book. At first, I was like, Alex, let's be rational here. But Alex pleasantly surprise me in this installment. Except at the end there, I was so over her 'Seth has some good in him' issue. There's always been something about Seth that I just didn't like. He's weird for starters. And yes, I just went there again lol And my Aiden. *Stops to think back to the story and smiles* I just high fived every Team Aiden person out there in the world! I know we are all think the same thing :D

I loved how in the installment, the gods really come into play! That brought a different kind of twist to the story that I loved. The book was, of course, action packed! I could not put this down at all. The suspense was a killer and the romance was on point. No complaints with that :) And in the book, I think Alex definitely matured as a character in a way.

The ending made me want to go bury myself alive! HOW COULD IT END LIKE THAT. I swear, that was the biggest cliff hanger in Armentrout history! Like come on, I got to the last page and was still trying to turn pages.

Like I said before, this is a must read! I loved it and now I'm dying to get my hand on the next installment. UGH! The agony...


1 comment:

  1. I AGREE!!! I just finished this too, and HOLY CRIPES....what a book. And you know what, I actually genuinely liked Seth in Pure, even though I'm Team Aiden, so I hope he doesn't remain douchebagy in the next book. LOL ;p I'm still aiming for that HEA. And I agree about the gods...that was so much fun, especially Apollo (you know who I'm talking about)!

    As for the wait....if you need a partner to cry with...join the club. Agony doesn't even begin to cover it. Le sigh.

    I'm so happy you LOVED this! Fantabulous review!

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete