Pages


Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Author Interview: Ciye Cho



Hi everyone :)
I am here to share with you my interview with Ciye Cho, author of the Florence Waverley series! This is an amazing series with some awesome characters and an imaginative world.
I hope you guys enjoy the interview!
Thanks so much Ciye for taking the time to stop by the blog!


The Interview
Ciye Cho
1. Well to start off, Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Hi. My name's Ciye and I write fantasy novels. I'm obsessed with mermaids and mermen, and I've been known to ask many of life's all-important questions (such as, "Do mermaids ever get barnacles?") I'm also a freelance graphic designer.

2. When did you first know you wanted to become a writer/author? Any inspirations?
I can't pinpoint the exact moment. But I've always been a chronic daydreamer, and I tend to spend way too much time lost in my own imagination. So I guess that's how I started coming up with stories.

I'm very inspired by nature, especially ocean life. Some of the most vivid memories I have are of the coral reefs beyond Hamilton Island. There's so much wonder, beauty, and mystery in the big blue; and of course, these things are key traits found in mermaid/merfolk lore.

3. If you could be apart of the Niemela world in actuality, would you rather take Florence's place and be the only human or would you rather be one of the merfolk who live there? Why did you choose that answer?
I would probably choose to be the only human. That way I could discover new things about Niemela each and every day. I would see a world of wonder with fresh eyes.


4. In book 2, Luminaire, you have to pass the Life Path Tournament to find your 'calling' in Niemela. Which life path would you want to be apart of and that best fits you? Please explain why you chose that answer.
I'd study to be an animal trainer. I've always been fascinated with animals, and seriously... who wouldn't want to be able to communicate with animals? I would love to rider the giant stingrays that the merfolk of Niemela travel upon.

5. Is mermaids/men you favorite sub-genre to read about? If not, what is? (vamps, shifters, witches etc)
I actually don't read many mer books. The only one that comes to mind is "The Little Mermaid" by Hans Christian Andersen. As for sub-genres, I don't know if I have a preference. I do, however, tend to gravitate toward fish-out-of-water stories. And fantasy books with unusual worlds.

6.  Do you take any part in creating any of your book covers? 
Yes. I created the covers for Florence and Luminaire. I love designing covers because it's a great way to tell stories with images.

7.  Are you currently reading any books? 
I'm about to start Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. I hope it's as amazing as Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

8.  Do you have any bookish bad habits that you do? (dog ear pages, use books as coasters, anything lol)
When I was younger, I had this horrible habit of reading the last page of every new book. To this day, I still have no idea what that was about.

9. Who are some of your favorite authors?
Antoine de Saint-Exupery and Roald Dahl. As for YA authors, I'm a big fan of Suzanne Collins and Stephenie Meyer.

10. Do you have any advice for those who want become authors/writers?
Never stop writing!

11. Where can people buy your books? 
My website has links to online retailers who stock the eBooks (Book 1 and Book 2) and paperbacks (Book 1). The links are available here: http://www.florence-books.com/buy-the-books.htm

12. Do you have any websites? (Twitter, Facebook, Blog, etc.)
I have several websites and profiles.
My website: http://www.florence-books.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ciyecho
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ciyecho

Thank you for having me on your blog, Janina!

No comments:

Post a Comment