Pages


Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Reached by Ally Condie

Reached 
(Matched Trilogy, #3)
by Ally Condie
Released |November 13th 2012 by Dutton Childrens Books|
Edition |Hardcover, 512 pages|
Add to Goodreads

After leaving Society and desperately searching for the Rising—and each other—Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again: Cassia has been assigned to work for the Rising from within Society, while Ky has been stationed outside its borders. But nothing is as predicted, and all too soon the veil lifts and things shift once again.
In this gripping conclusion to the #1 New York Times-bestselling Matched Trilogy, Cassia will reconcile the difficulties of challenging a life too confining, seeking a freedom she never dreamed possible, and honoring a love she cannot live without.

I am just so pleased with how Ally Condie ended this trilogy. This has to be one of my top final books in a series, because the author did a fantastic job with wrapping everything up. I didn't have any unanswered questions, except that I'm curious about that vote at the end, but other than that EVERYTHING was wrapped up! There was absolutely no loose ends. Major plus!


I really enjoyed this final installment in the Matched trilogy even though it's massive! 512 pages is no joke. I am so proud of the author because this book was nowhere near as slow paced as Matched and Crossed was, so if you guys are worried about that, then have no fear. I loved being reunited with each of the characters and seeing how far they've grown and come along. Each character grew, which was awesome!

But I also never really felt a love triangle in this series. I'm not going to give any spoilers, but in this book I just didn't know what to think when it came to who Cassia was going to choose. The book didn't focus on the romance, I mean it did because of the story itself, but the romance wasn't the main focus. So many other elements were taking shape and so many things were happening that was so different from the other two books, the romance wasn't in the forefront. I also liked how each character went through their own journeys. We got to see each character come to realizations and grow as a character and I was so happy to see that. Usually it's just the main character who changes, but each character went through some growth developments.

I loved the ending and I almost just gave a spoiler ;) But, the ending made me happy. I loved everyone's final decisions, but I really would have liked to know the outcome of the vote.

If you have enjoy this trilogy, then I do suggest you get yourself a copy of Reached because I really enjoyed it :) Great way to end a series!

3 comments:

  1. Many of my friends have read this series, and have great things to say about it, so I am curious to see how this series turn out. I love the sound of the plot and the character sound great too. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of love triangles but this one has me curious..I want to know who she chooses! LOL ;p Gla dyou enjoyed this, Janina! Fantastic review!

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so anxious to read this. Glad to hear the pacing wasn't a problem. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete