Pages


Sunday, February 17, 2013

Duplicity by Nikki Jefford

Duplicity
(Spellbound, #2)
by Nikki Jefford
Released |May 20th 2012 by Nikki Jefford|
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads

If Graylee Perez thought sharing a body with her twin sister was bad, dealing with a duplicate of herself is two times worse. Gray the second doesn’t seem to get that Lee’s boyfriend, Raj McKenna, is off limits. Then there’s the problem of Adrian Montez. He expects one of the Grays to be his.
Nearly a year later, the council is onto them for past misdeeds; Lee, along with the rest of the coven, has lost control of her powers; and Gray is being stalked by what looks like the Grim Reaper.
If they work together, they may stand a chance of setting things right and making it out alive.
Duplicity was a pretty good sequel to Entangled. Duplicity was fast paced and had some great action moments. If you love stories with witches, then I definitely recommend this series. I do think I enjoyed book 1 better, but book 2 wasn't far behind :)

In this installment there are two Graylee Perez, yes you heard right, TWO. In the beginning I thought it was a bit weird, but as the book progress I could tell who was who and how they were different from one another. The story took a different twist than the first book with there being two Lee's and finding out which is the real one. I must say that I like 'Lee'. She seemed to have matured as time went by and 'Gray' was still stuck on revenge and wasn't really the same person. The maturity of Lee is what made me like her more. Towards the end of book 1, I thought she taking a turn and was becoming more like Charlene, but she wasn't, which I'm glad about :) I don't know, I didn't really care for Gray, but she wasn't a bad person she was just more stuck in the past since that's all she had to go on, but I did feel a little sympathy for her. 

I thought the romance was a little lacking and started to get a tad bit upset when a possible 'love triangle' came into the mix with the two Graylee's. That was pretty much the only thing I didn't like. I it was disappointing since I loved the romance aspect in book one. 

And I really don't know how I feel about Adrian. I don't dislike him like I should the 'bad guys', but I kind of like him in a villain sort of way :) He has completely grown on me! 

I can't wait for the Enchantment, the final book, to see how everything turns out in the end! I'm super excited :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it does sound a little confusing to have two of Graylee or any MC. The Spellbound series sounds pretty good, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two MC sounds confusing but glad you figured it out. I haven't read the 1st but probably will eventually. Sorry the romance was a little lacking and the triangle was frustrating, but good to hear you enjoyed overall.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete