Pages


Friday, February 1, 2013

Shadowhunters and Downworlders edited by Cassandra Clare & Dreaming of the Wolf by Terry Spear


Shadowhunters and Downworlders
edited by Cassandra Clare
Released |January 29th 2013 by SmartPop|
Edition |eARC|
Source |Netgalley|

Add to Goodreads

Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series, epic urban fantasy set in a richly imagined world of shadowhunters, vampires, werewolves, fairies, and more, has captured the imaginations and loyalty of hundreds of thousands of YA readers. Originally a trilogy (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass), the series has extended to six titles, plus a prequel trilogy, the Infernal Devices, and a planned sequel series, the Dark Artifices. A feature film is planned for 2013.
Shadowhunters and Downworlders, edited by Clare (who provides an introduction to the book and to each piece), is a collection of YA authors writing about the series and its world.
Authors Who Contributed:
Holly Black / Kendare Blake / Gwenda Bond / Sarah Rees Brennan / Rachel Caine / Sarah Cross / Kami Garcia / Michelle Hodkin / Kelly Link / Kate Milford / Diana Peterfreund / Sara Ryan / Scott Tracey / Robin Wasserman
Let me start off saying that I did not finish this book. I barely made it 20 pages into this. It wasn't the kind of book that I thought it was going to be and I was really disappointed. As far as I made it in the book, it was interesting yes, but I wasn't enjoying it. I felt like I was in one of my college courses studying hard for an exam lol It was like reading a textbook. I seriously could not get into it. I guess to me it was too structured and professional. Do you need to read this book if you like the TMI series, no. Only if you're curious enough to give it a try.


Received a copy for review from Netgalley. All thoughts are my honest opinion.

Dreaming of the Wolf
(Heart of the Wolf, #8)
by Terry Spear
Released |December 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca|
Edition |Ebook|

Add to Goodreads

A FIERCE HUNTER...
Alicia Greiston is a no-nonsense bounty hunter determined to bring a ring of mobsters to justice. Her dogged pursuit of the crime family has forced her to avoid relationships-- any man would only become a target for retribution. Luckily, Jake Silver is more than a man, and his instincts are telling him to stop at nothing to protect her.
AN ANIMAL PASSION...
However, the mob isn't entirely human either, and soon Alicia must flee for her life. When Alicia and Jake's passion begins to spill over into their dreams, Jake learns he will have to do more than defend her-- he'll have to show his mate the way of the wolf.
Dreaming of the Wolf is one of the books I've been dying to get to since starting this series. I've always been intrigued with Jake's character and his personality. This book was pretty good as a whole. I loved the plot of the story and thought there were some strong characters in this one. The only thing I really didn't like about the book was that it was, through and through, insta-love. For that's kind of took away from the book in the beginning. Once I got over that issue of the book everything else was pretty good. There was a good amount action and danger going on in the book that kept the thrill going. Now I can't wait for Tom's story! :) The final of the triplets. Absolute love this series and the world of wolves that Terry Spear has created.



1 comment:

  1. Love the cover to the Clare book but don't think it will be for me either. I am not an essay gal.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete