Pages


Thursday, April 25, 2013

Light by Michael Grant

Light 
(Gone, #6)
by Michael Grant
Released | April 2nd 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books|
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads

It's been over a year since all the adults disappeared. Gone.
In the time since everyperson over the age of fourteen disap-peared from the town of Perdido Beach, California, countless battles have been fought: battles against hunger and lies and plague, and epic battles of good against evil. And now, the gaiaphage has been reborn as Diana's malicious mutant daughter, Gaia. Gaia is endlessly hungry for destruction. She yearns to conquer her Nemesis, Little Pete, and then bend the entire world to her warped will. As long-standing enemies become allies, secrets are revealed and unexpected sacrifices are made. Will their attempts to save themselves and one another matter in the end, or will the kids of Perdido Beach perish in this final power struggle?
Light, the sixth and final book in the New York Times bestselling Gone series by Michael Grant, creates a masterful, arresting conclusion to life in the FAYZ.


I fell in love with this series from the very first book and all the way up to this final installment! I am so sad to see this series end, and just like all the other books in this series, I could not put it down. I was dying to know how Michael Grant would end this fantastic series and I felt he did a wonderful job. I was so happy to be back into the world of the FAYZ and seeing all the  characters I loved and even the ones that I hated. This was an emotional ride for me and let me go ahead and admit that this book brought tears to my eyes! UGH, I'm so sad to see it end.


In the world of the FAYZ there's been so much going on, Gone (all people over the age of 15 disappeared), Hunger, Lies, Plague, Fear, and now there's 'Light'. So as you can see, the children have been through, seen, and survive through multiple disasters. I felt so much for each character, even the ones that I didn't like, and I connected with them all. Don't let the title fool you. Light was not an easy read. So many deaths and the final 'endgame' left them terrified and scattered. In this book, we final see Sam and Caine come together to try and take out Gaia. I've always liked Sam since the very beginning. He does the best he can even when he feels defeated or if he feels there's no hope. And Caine was just the opposite. He was always trying to rule everyone and was kind of sorta evil, for no better word. But by the end of this book, I was hoping things would have ended differently for him. But I felt some development in him, which is kind of hard for me to admit since he put Sam through so much torture and pain.

And many of the other character decided to step up in this book and take action! I was proud :) I'm still on the fence about how I feel about Astrid and I still hate Albert with a passion. That conceded SOB really knows how to get under my skin. But throughout this book, there were so many deaths. I can't say who, but two in particular had me bawling my eyes out. I was so sad to see the go and really hoped to see them make it out of the FAYZ.

This book was action packed to the extreme with the final endgame in full force. And I was so glad or the aftermath section of the book to see how everyone who survive made it and what they were doing. Another series I love have ended this year. I think that makes three! *sigh* A must read! I felt the book ended perfectly and all my unanswered questions were finally answered.



7 comments:

  1. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read this series but I've heard nothing but great things about. I really need more time. Great review Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanja, wth?! So many series you need to read lol :D I love this one!

      Delete
  2. Glad it was action packed and characters stepped up. I like this series and need to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you've read the series :) Glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. i really want to start this series now. Both the world and characters sound amazing :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! And I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to check it out :)

      Delete
  4. Final books are always hard, but it's great to know that this one didn't disappoint!! I should really start this series soon! Fantastic review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete